Schnetzer Puskas Ingenieure emerges from the engineering office founded in 1953 by Heinz Hossdorf. Heinz Hossdorf expanded his office by the addition of a laboratory for model analysis, in which together with physicists and engineers, he developed new measurement and experimental technologies such as “hybrid statics”, which is a symbiosis of experiment and computer analysis for calculating elastic support structures.
In the sixties and seventies, the Office carries out several important projects, including the central VSK warehouse – today Coop – in Wangen near Olten (1958-61), the gravel and concrete plant in Gunzgen (1960-62), “Les échanges” pavilion for the Expo '64 in Lausanne (1962-64), the Rudolf Steiner School in Basel (1962-67) or the city theater in Basel (1968-76).
In 1972, Heinz Hossdorf founds the general partnership Hossdorf und Weiss Ingenieure with Kilian Weiss. From 1980 onwards, René Guillod and Rudolf Gisi are partners and the office functions under the new name Weiss Guillod Gisi Ingenieure. At the same time, Heinz Hossdorf retires as a partner.
In 1992, Heinrich Schnetzer becomes a partner and in 1996, the company changes from a general partnership into the joint stock corporation WGG Ingenieure. At the same time, Tivadar Puskas becomes a partner of the office. Important projects in the nineties are the Rankhof sports stadium (1994), the Tinguely museum (1992-96) and the Peter Merian house (1992-1999), all in Basel.
In 2000, the company name is changed to WGG Schnetzer Puskas Ingenieure AG. In 2004 and 2012, branches are opened in Zurich and Bern. With the founding in 2009 of Schnetzer Puskas Ingenieure AG, WGG Schnetzer Puskas Ingenieure AG is continued under the name Schnetzer Puskas International AG.
Today, the office is managed by seven partners and is sustainably consolidated by eight associates. Our team of about 90 employees works on a wide range of projects in building and bridge construction, both nationally and internationally.